Good service, but very pricey!

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

Guest's review of Double8Tickets www.double8tickets.com

“Good service, but very pricey!”

Written on: 16/07/2013

I bought tickets to The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park 13 July 2013. The website was very straight forward and easy to use, I had no issues and the tickets arrived by recorded delivery some 4-5 days prior to the event. Tickets for this concert were in very high demand (sold out within a few days) & so companies were charging over the odds for tickets. The face value ticket price, as printed on the ticket was £95 each. Steep, but you do expect to pay a lot for big names (& they don't come much bigger than The Stones!) and large venue concerts ( it was effectively a one day festival with several stages and bands all day: 1200-2230). I bought the tickets from Double8Tickets because they were the cheapest company I could find who had 4 tickets left. They charged me £147 per ticket - that's over a £50 mark up (almost all of which will be profit, as the overheads for internet based companies are relatively small). I appreciate there'll be a £6.00 to £7.00 charge for delivery & that the company needs to make a profit, but I don't expect more of a booking fee than £5 per ticket max! & certainly not 50% of the ticket price - it's sheer, blatant, rip-off merchant profiteering, but sadly all the companies are up to it, so we the customers, the concert goers who suffer. I only say I recommend Double8 because they were less of a rip0ff than other companies, but they're still a blatant rip-off!!!

• The Rolling Stones, Hyde Park, London, 13 July 2013