First come first served - what a joke

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

musicfan9's review of Applause Store - www.applausestore.com

“First come first served - what a joke”

Written on: 09/12/2012 by musicfan9 (1 review written)

I arrived in the underground car park in Manchester at 2pm and there were around 6 ques half filled, and I was told to go to the very end one. A member of staff came and told us that the people who come earliest will be first to be given the tickets and the people who come later will be given their tickets last. An hour later the que beside us started to fill up, and the same happened beside the other 6 ques, so there was 12 ques. At around 6pm I went and asked another member of staff what was happening, she told me they were giving the tickets out from the left hand side to the right. I guess getting their early didn't really matter! I was at the right hand side and was told I wouldn't be getting any tickets. It was organised terribly! And in them 5 hours, we were only updated once of what was happening because they were so focused on the left hand side. Also someone misunderstood what a staff member said and told a few people we would be getting tickets, so they started cheering, and she(the staff member) came over and shouting at them "Err I don't know why you are cheering, I said it is unlikely you're getting tickets'
All final tickets are standby, it makes you think you will get in, as they will just give out an extra 1000 tickets to get the seats filled, but no. ALL their tickets go to sponsors, and the sponsor tickets that don't get used are the tickets we get. Instead of finding out earlier which tickets aren't getting used, they make us wait till 30 mins before the show (x factor UK) has actually started.
Applausestore is terrible!