Zumiez Online store sent my package to a CLOSED store

AMEreviews's review of Zumiez www.zumiez.com

“Zumiez Online store sent my package to a CLOSED store”

Written on: 15/07/2013 by AMEreviews (1 review written)

I ordered a swimsuit (BEACH RIOT CLAYTON top/bottom in red/black) on 4/3/2013 from the Zumiez website. I needed the swimsuit for 4/14/2013, so I had plenty of time for the item to be shipped to the store. For shipping directions I entered my area code and from the drop down list of stores to choose from I picked the 4999 Old Orchard Ctr Store K13 because it is the most convenient for me to get to. I waited several days and after receiving my shipping information and it not being able to track my order, I called the Zumiez costumer service number on 4/9/13 to find out when is the expected date my order is to arrive in the store since Zumiez says it was shipped on the 4/3/13. The representative told me to give it a couple more days and that I can just call the store directly. Later that evening I received a message from UPS with tracking information that showed it was going to be ready to be sent out for delivery. I tried calling the Zumiez location on 4/10 to see if my packaged arrived and I got a recording that said the number is no longer in service or disconnected, I was really confused at this point, but just assumed it may have been an old number that hadn't been updated. I called the Zumiez costumer service and she told me the package should arrive the next morning, I then told her how I was concerned about calling the store and the message I received when i did. She asked me to just call Costumer service instead of the store location to find out if my package had arrived. The following morning 4/12 I waited until 10:45 am to call the costumer service to see if my packaged arrived, the store locator said the Skokie store location opens at 10 am. When I spoke to the representative she only asked for my phone number to find my package, in which i gave it to her. She told me she's looking at the tracking information and it says it is out for delivery and should be arriving but hasn't reached the store yet. I asked her if she knew what time it might be arriving so i could plan accordingly to pick up the package possibly in the evening as i would be extremely busy the following day. She said she wasn't sure, but it should definitely be there later today or by Saturday morning. I came home later that evening around 10pm and looked up the UPS tracking information to see if my package had arrived. Upon clicking my tracking number this is what i saw:
Northbrook, IL, United States 07/12/2013 4:45 P.M. The receiver has moved. UPS attempting to locate receiver to complete delivery, no delivery was made. / Returned to shipper.
Alternate Tracking Number

07/12/2013 9:43 A.M. The receiver has moved. UPS attempting to locate receiver to complete delivery, no delivery was made.
07/12/2013 6:18 A.M. Out For Delivery
07/11/2013 9:12 P.M. Arrival Scan
Kansas City, KS, United States 07/11/2013 8:35 P.M. Origin Scan
07/11/2013 6:47 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 07/10/2013 9:27 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
At this point I can't even contact costumer service until Monday because the hours are closed. I was extremely upset, because when I called the representative that morning it was an hour after UPS had attempted a delivery where there is apparently no longer a Zumiez store. This issue could have been resolved if she just realized this and did something to contact UPS to fix my order or have it sent to a different address. The representative did absolutely nothing to help resolve, apologize, or even inform me as to what was going on. It is completely unprofessional of the Zumiez company to not update their website and offer shipping to a location that no longer exists. Your costumer service is unprofessional and lacking because even though I had told her my concern about the store's phone number she had no interest in seeing what may have been wrong with it. Every single time I called, regardless of the time they seemed generally unhappy to help and as if they were just waking up from a nap. I am never shopping from this store again, online or otherwise.

• 84.95