Winstanley Bikes www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk Review

HarderFaster's review of Winstanley Bikes www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk

“I will keep this simple as I am fuming. Winstanleys...”

Written on: 26/06/2013 by HarderFaster (1 review written)

I will keep this simple as I am fuming.

Winstanleys sold me a Cube (LTD Race 2012 26" hardtail RRP around £1000, I got it in the sale for around £750). It arrived. After a few months a few things just were not right, I wrote to Winstanleys to say there were a few problems:

Left crank arm kept falling off and seatpost slips down in seatstay.

Following three months of emails and them refusing to believe there was anything wrong with the bike (even though they hadn't seen it) I managed to speak to someone different. The new person asked that I return the bike. I informed them that this is my daily commute bike but they said they hoped it would not be away for long.

Half a day after they received it I had an email saying the frame was faulty, it had actually been built/formed incorrectly and that it needed replacing. I was then told 'as it is a Cube it probably wont take the normal 3 to 6 months'.

After around 2-3 weeks I received an email saying Cube are offering a Reaction GTC 29er as a straight exchange. Quite a weird offer I thought I would go for it though so I could get back to commuting. After a further 4 weeks (6 weeks in total since I sent the bike) I received an email saying that I would have to pay around £700 to cover the difference in sale to RRP price on the LTD and then the difference in cost from the full LTD RRP to the 29er RRP!

Correct me if I am wrong but I am the customer who has been sold a faulty product! Currently I am trying to get a replacement frame (which takes me back to the original 'we hope it wont be 3 - 6 months delay'). It has been 7 - 8 weeks now and I am still without a bike.

This company is the furthest from customers come first as a company can be. If I were you I would avoid avoid avoid!

I wish I had taken heed of the negative reviews before being mislead and persecuted for receiving a faulty product. Ridiculous.

• 2012 Cube LTD Race hardtail around £750 in the sale RRP around £1000