CUSTOMER SERVICE APPAULING

Guest's review of Winstanley Bikes www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk

“CUSTOMER SERVICE APPAULING”

Written on: 17/02/2013

Bought a Reflex Samurai Mens Bike this time last year and couldn't fault the service, bike received, boxed brand new and within 3/5 days Excellent! However, due to bad weather our son couldn't ride the bike properly until around late February, rode it 8 times and the peddle sheared off fortunately he sustained minor injuries. Contacted customer services as I wanted a replacement bike as this should have been under warranty, was denied this - offered to take photos so they could see that this had not been deliberately damaged - this was denied. They said so long as the bike was fully boxed they would collect at a cost to me of approximately £30!! It was February, had no reason to suspect the bike was faulty so the box had been disposed of. In the end they sent us a sprocket which my husband managed to fix, but the peddle continually came loose and we had to check the bike everytime it was riden. Come the summer and the bike is 6 months old, out cycling and the other peddle came off - this time couldn't be bothered to contact Winstanley the bike is now rotting in the shed and we've bought a new bike! Shoddy after sales service - wouldn't recommend them and won't use them again....

• Goods purchased & cost

Skiboy44's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2013

spot on wouldn't go near them had similar experience myself