NO Bike, No Ride

brixy's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“NO Bike, No Ride”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by brixy (1 review written)

Order number 6207393791
I have used wiggle for some years now and have always been impressed with the service, so much so that over the years I have become a platinum customer, after a while I started looking for a bike and thought I would buy it from wiggle, got a very good deal on a Felt race 9 29'er mtb, and used it for wiggle rides like the south downs epic and the hillasaurus, really enjoyed it. Owned for just 18 months and having a break with the family at easter, we went to the Isle of wight , we were riding the trailway between Newport and Sandown, flat easy trail ride, a mile out and one of my chainstays snapped at the weld. So started the walk of shame back to the campsite. I contacted wiggle who said they would look into it, a week later when back at home I had not heard anything, so contacted them again, I received an email back from workshops asking me for photos of the whole bike , the break and the frame number, also could I provide a descriptive of how it happened. All done and sent , I had a reply within a few days , upshot being it would be sorted....A box was sent to me I packed the bike up and got it away to them, 2 weeks now. I waited a month after hearing nothing made contact again. A friend of mine had a snapped frame on his giant and returned it to the LBS who lent him a demo bike for the 6 days it took them to turn it around, so didn't think I was unreasonable waiting a month ! When emailed I had an apology in return and an explanation that the supplier was away promoting their new range, Saddleback is the UK supplier and for a concern that large to have no one in the office taking care of business sounds very unrealistic to me ! Still I am a placid guy and went with it, 2 months later and email again .... apology returned with email, "we have made contact with saddleback they require photos of whole bike, break, frame number and descriptive"....really !!!! I responded with...."you have still got my bike havn't you" to which I never got an answer, needless to say over 3 months and 17 apologies later and here is the latest ....

Thank you for your email.

I have been in contact with Saddleback today and I can confirm that this case has been sent to Felt for inspection. They hope to hear back from them in approximately 2 weeks though I have asked them to chase for a quicker turnaround.

Apologies again for the delay.

This was over 2 weeks ago, and yes you guessed it, NOTHING. I have now had 2 holidays ruined watched some mates head off to do the ups and downs ride, and still I have no bike, third camping trip just around the corner and still no bike, no demo, nothing....frustrated is an understatement. I have ridden bikes for over 40 years and have many friends on 2 wheels all of whom know my plight, this really isn't customer service its outrageous. Apologies not needed wiggle just a bike. And I hope its quick and spectacular as it will be another customer down the road. Even more appalling when you send me emails with "were for the good stuff"

• Felt race 9 29'er

Visit wiggle.co.uk

Wigglemichaela's Response to brixy's Review

Written on: 25/08/2014

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, we are very sorry for the severe delays and disappointment you have experienced in this case. We are glad to see a new frame was sent to you as soon as we heard back from the suppliers which was fortunately a few days rather than the 2 weeks mentioned. We hope that you are currently enjoying the new frame and if there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us. Please accept our apologies again for the inconvenience caused in this case.

wiggle.co.uk