Road Bike issues required repair

Crombe76's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“Road Bike issues required repair”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by Crombe76 (2 reviews written)

Bought a Felt AR 5 road bike for 1.3k and after a few months one of the cable tensioners by the rear mechanism sheared off. I spoke to Wiggle who went through a few different questions in an attempt to place the blame for the fault with me. after they eventually admitted that they would repair it I was told to ship the bike back via they're own courier. upon asking if they would issue a box to protect the frame they suggested I go to a bike shop to find a used one as they don't supply boxes!

After a local bike shop was kind enough to let ne have one a courier was dispatched for next day pick up. took a day off work and waited.... nobody appeared. contacted wiggle and they admitted the courier they use is problematic and they'd appear the day after which thankfully they did.

bike was subsequently repaired and a new cable tensioner fitted yipee. bike was returned and I rebuilt it, all good. then I heard a rattle from inside the frame and then another. to fix the cable tensioner they had drilled the rivets through and left them in the frame!! Contacted wiggle and they admitted fault and suggested I remove the bottom bracket myself to see if that might resolve the issue,might resolve. I eventually removed the headset and after some shaking got the rivets out. why I should be dismantling a bike after it has been professionally repaired is beyond me.

at no stage was any offer of goodwill suggested and the apology for both the poor repair quality and courier problem was scant more along the lines of these things happen.

as a few people have said great when things go right no so wonderful when problems arise. customer service , quality of the courier and repair work which was the equivalent of leaving spammers in an engine bay need further work. price wise they're sales are great hence the bike being reduced from 2 to 1.3k,

• 1300

Visit wiggle.co.uk

Wigglefrankie's Response to Crombe76's Review

Written on: 04/03/2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience with us.

Please accept our deepest apologies that the repair of your bike did not go as smoothly as we would usually anticipate.

We appreciate the inconvenience of the issues with our courier and the time taken to resolve the issues with the bike and are truly sorry.

We would like to take this opportunity to offer some compensation for this and would kindly ask you to let us know your order number so that we can proceed with this.

We look forward to hearing back from, you soon.

Written on: 04/03/2014

I'd suggest that you refer to your online records and email address I registered with you as giving out order numbers on a public forum wouldn't be a great idea really.

order number for original bike purchase was 6211093283

Wigglefrankie's reply to Crombe76's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2014

Thank you for letting us know your order number. As promised I have now emailed you to discuss compensation for this incident.

Written on: 05/03/2014

Thanks Francis I will be in contact soon and I appreciate your detailed email and apology. regards Craig

Wigglefrankie's reply to Crombe76's Comment

Written on: 06/03/2014

I look forward to hearing back from you either by email or on here.

Written on: 06/03/2014

I have replied via email thanks

wiggle.co.uk