Poor Customer Service when Things go Wrong

Starbuck903's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“Poor Customer Service when Things go Wrong”

Written on: 04/02/2014 by Starbuck903 (1 review written)

I had used Wiggle a number of times without any problems. Delivery of items was efficient. I used the Click+ delivery option once and it worked very well. So when I ordered another item, I decided to do the same again. Working full time it allows the item to be delivered at a location close to home, to be picked up at one's convenience, alerted by an email and SMS that the item is ready to collect.

Order placed at night between 25th and 26th January, I was advised the item was processed and ready for collection in two working days. Those two days came and went. The third day came and went. Visiting the tracking site, the item was sitting at the despatchers since 27 January, being "In transit". They state if the item is not arriving in the proposed time frame, to contact Wiggle.
No phone number for Wiggle Customer Services. Instead I had to write a message. An automated reply advised me that they would reply in 24 hours. 24 hours came and went. No answer. The status of the parcel had not changed. I chased with another message. And then another one, each becoming increasingly irritated. Finally, I had a response. Unsure, they said, what was happening. The item was still being held at the despatch. They'd find out and get back to me and they regubd the postage charge. Then silence. I write to them again. The item was a sale item and I could see that whilst it was still available in the size I need it, it was selling fast. And I did not want to have to pay twice for the item by ordering it again.

Wiggle remained silent and I kept sending messages. Finally I rang the Mail company myself to find out what had happened. Only to find out that the parcel had been returned to Wiggle on the day my postage charge was refunded. Another message was sent to Wiggle. Finally a response. Apparently the parcel had been empty when it arrived at the mail company. So now the Claims department would advise what was happening.
A day later: sorry, the item is now sold out. They offer me a full refund. Would I accept it? What choice have I got? The time it took me to chase (over a week!) for answers and for them to sort it out, the item is no longer available. Of course I want my money back! If they had the courtesy to act quickly when they learned that the item had not arrived at the mail company, they could have sent out a replacement.
Customer service is not existing and only seems to respond in a very slow manner when it suits them.

Don't order anything if you really want it and need it. Chances are you are left with nothing and no compensation for frustration and disappointment caused.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Visit wiggle.co.uk

Wigglefrankie's Response to Starbuck903's Review

Written on: 05/02/2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience with us. We are deeply sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties with your order and the collection service that we offer.

Sadly when deliveries do not go as smoothly as expected we do need to fully investigate why this has occurred and unfortunately it can take time as we need to be thorough.

We always appreciate our customers patience in cases like this and we offer our deepest apologies for any frustration or disappointment caused by the delay.

We are awfully sorry to hear that the only option in this case was a refund, however we have had a chance to look at your case and it looks like you have received a free of charge gift for the inconvenience caused to you.

If you would like to discuss this further we kindly ask you to reply to this, or you can email us with an FAO Frankie.

wiggle.co.uk