Site prices not competitive - only gripe!

Guest's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“Site prices not competitive - only gripe!”

Written on: 08/01/2014

I have used Wiggle many times in the past (last order number 6211246733). I find the only gripe with Wiggle is that site prices are not competitive. For example, on Christmas day I ordered a pair of Shimano Xtr M988 Disk brake lever and PM callipers but I went with a competitor because Wiggle was priced at 168 (each brake) and the competitor was 126 (each – Chain Reaction with 10 pound Discount code). Also ordered a pair of pedals and in total would have been 100 pounds more expensive to have used Wiggle (site prices) compared with competitor. I know they offer price promise where they state they offer the best value in the UK, but it would be better if they offered the best prices without the hassle of emailing competitors information which isn’t always convenient.

I consider Wiggle has better customer service, warranty, etc and have good product range but if they sorted their site prices out I think they could clean up on the competition.

It is surely better to go with a firm that offers the best prices without a price match as there wouldn’t be a better deal without the original firm making the offer, hence the one making the offer deserves the customer.

The majority of the orders I made to Wiggle last year were from the Pricedrop site. The pricedrop site at Wiggle offers prices better than any other store. But site prices at Wiggle are uncompetitive. The majority of parts/gear I sourced last year was from the competition and often the prices were at their regular site prices. If Wiggle had had better prices I would have shopped with them.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit wiggle.co.uk

Wigglefrankie's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2014

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am pleased that you are happy with the variety of items that we have available on our website. We do strive to provide a high level of service and I am glad that this is meeting with your and the rest of our customers standards.

Our pricing and content team do work hard to keep our prices as competitive as possible. As you are aware we do offer a price match service which is quick and simple to use so that we can provide our customers with the best price without any inconvenience.

wiggle.co.uk