Worst customer service I've encountered - avoid at all costs

Bigmike23's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“Worst customer service I've encountered - avoid at all...”

Written on: 05/09/2013 by Bigmike23 (1 review written)

I ordered a Felt Z4 from Wiggle and after about 17 miles of riding (ie two days later), the right pedal fell off - the thread on both the pedal and the crank had worn out. You can't phone Wiggle, so, following their complaints procedure, I emailed them. I received two automated 'we'll be in touch' replies. Then a human - I assume that's what they were - emailed this: 'Please bear with me while I contact our workshop. They will be in contact with you very shortly and to advise you further.' Very shortly, indeed! Twenty four hours later, nothing.
I then contacted them via Facebook and was told: 'I've got in touch with the workshop and have let them know that you're still waiting for a reply. They will be in touch by the end of today.' Guess what? They weren't. As I write this I'm still waiting for some meaningful contact, three days after I got in touch with them and I have a brand new £1700 bike that I can't ride. Totally unacceptable. Do not buy anything from this company. They may be good pricewise, but if anything goes wrong, you'll wish you'd gone somewhere else.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit wiggle.co.uk

Wigglerosy's Response to Bigmike23's Review

Written on: 06/09/2013

Hello, sorry to hear of the delay with a reply. Unfortunately the workshop are incredibly busy at the moment so it is taking slightly longer than usual to look in to warranty cases.

I can see from the email history that you have now received a reply from them and a resolution has been arranged. We are consistently trying to improve the service that we offer customers and we will be looking in to this further and will learn from this so that we can improve ourselves for the future.

Once again, I apologise for the unacceptable delay and for the inconvenience that it caused you. If you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,