They take your money for nothing

PaulG99's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“They take your money for nothing”

Written on: 07/08/2013 by PaulG99 (1 review written)

I placed an order(6210417482)on 4th August for two in stock jerseys at 39.99 each. Wiggle made an almost instant request for payment from my bank for 79.98 and several hours later I received an email stating that one of the jerseys was out of stock and had been placed on back order. Well that's o.k. isn't it? These things happen?

Well these things do happen, but what shouldn't happen is that Wiggle then processed a separate order for the one in-stock jersey and took another 39.99 from my bank account!

So I have received the jersey that was in-stock and all is well with this. Delivery was quick. However, Wiggle have still got 79.98 of my money and I want it back.

I have sent the email to sales@wiggle but of course I have received the generic 'we'll get back to you when we can be bothered' response.

I can't effect a chargeback with my bank as the payment has not shown up on my statement yet, Wiggle have effectively put a 'claim' on the money so I cannot do anything about it.

What's going on Wiggle? Why are you taking money prior to processing the order? Are your systems so antiquated that you can't keep track of your stock? Are your staff so inept that you can process a second order before cancelling the payment for the first?

Why can't we call you? No telephone number to call in this day and age is what fraudsters do.

Buyer beware.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit wiggle.co.uk

By Wiggle.co.uk

Written on: 13/08/2013

Hi,

Thank you for your post and sorry for the concern

I can confirm that payments are taken in two stages.

The first is an authorisation amount only and this will only be captured once the goods are sent. This second transaction will disappear in a couple of days depending on the clearing speed of your bank.

I hope this clears up the process for you and am sorry that it has caused worry. Although we do not currently have a call centre facility, we will be able to give you a ring if you would like. If you request this via email then we will be able to get hold as soon as is convenient for you so please let us know!

Replying to any of our reps email will take you straight through to their inbox to prevent any further delay, so if you are still unsure of anything then please let us know and we can get in touch.

wiggle.co.uk