Poor customer service

ianplag's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 14/06/2013 by ianplag (1 review written)

I used to love buying cycling gear from Wiggle, so much so that I bought a Focus Cayo carbon fibre road bike from them 2 years ago. Encouraged by their prompt delivery and good customer service I bought a GT mountain bike worth more than £700 last December. However, things seemed to have gone downhill - pardon the pun - since then. Firstly in March I was told that goods I had ordered would not be in stock for 2 months. This is not an isolated event as I have encountered the same problem on 3 further occasions. Moreover, in April the rear brake on my mountain bike began to feel spongy so I bled it in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. This did not rectify the problem so I contacted Wiggle who informed me that bleeding the brakes invalidated the warranty, although they were unable to provide this in writing. After much wrangling they offered to sell me an upgraded set of brakes at a discount which I agreed to as I did not want the hassle of having to send the bike back. Now the RockShox hydraulic forks are leaking which I reported to Wiggle last weekend. They took 3 days to respond to my contact in which I suggested sending photos of the forks and they now want me to return them with no idea of the likely repair time or whether they will refund the postage costs. I have informed Wiggle that I will not be purchasing any more bikes from them as their customer service is appalling.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit wiggle.co.uk

Wigglerosy's Response to ianplag's Review

Written on: 14/06/2013

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for the disappointment that has been caused in this case. We do not enjoy for any of our customers to be disappointed and I would like to look further in to this to find a resolution that will leave you completely satisfied as we don't want to lose your valued custom.

We do have a high volume of emails at present and we are aiming to respond to all emails within 48 hours. We are working very hard to stick to this time-frame and still offer a great level of service. I can only apologise that you have not experienced this. Please could you reply to this comment with your order umber and I can look in to this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rosy,