Poor service - no service

Guest's review of Wiggle www.wiggle.co.uk

“Poor service - no service”

Written on: 18/02/2013

I ordered an Early Rider balance bike on 9th December, which at the time was out of stock, hoping that the would have stock and deliver by Christmas, especially as they had taken my money. I had had no word from them by 18th December so I emailed customer services for confirmation that I would get delivery by Christmas, they replied they would not be getting stock till the end of December. I then contacted Early Rider to see if Wiggle could get stock in time, and they told me that Wiggle had received, and signed for, 8 bikes the previous day.
Again I emailed Wiggle pointing this out and asked them to call me. They didn't but sent me an email saying "Apologies for the inconvenience, unfortunately as an on-line based company with do not have phones in customer services as we only deal with queries via e-mail," and again saying that the expected delivery for these bikes was end of December.
So, I have to wonder, does anyone at Wiggle know what is going on with their stock, and, what kind of customer services department does not have phones? It is far better to talk than email. Lastly why did they take the money before they had stock?
I cancelled my order and will certainly never use Wiggle again

• Goods purchased & cost