Provision of replacement items following an insurance claim

Guest's review of Wheelies www.wheelies.co.uk

“Provision of replacement items following an insurance...”

Written on: 08/02/2014

Initial notice from insurers advised that items (helmet, pedals and cassette)would be delivered to me 5-7 days after instruction.

Wheelies advised that 2 of the 3 items were in stock but a third needed to be ordered. They were unable to send me the 2 items individually without the third. They said they would telephone me when the item was back in stock to arrange delivery - which they did. Delivery would take 5 - 7 working days, they were unable to give me a tracking number or give me a precise date for delivery. In the event all items were delivered in 48 hours.

Particularly irritating as one of the stock items was required for a holiday ride so I had to buy another replacement. Then all items arrived in time for my holiday (not when they advised) so I now have an unnecessary item at additional expense.

I could have procured all items from a well known on line retailer from day one within 48 hours.

Not great service, my expectations have not been accurately managed.

• insurance claim for Giro Savant helmet, SRAM 1050 road cassette, Shimano PD M324 pedals

• A few weeks late