AVOID at all cost please, Awful customer service!

Guest's review of Wheelies www.wheelies.co.uk

“AVOID at all cost please, Awful customer service!”

Written on: 08/10/2013

I have never experienced customer service (or lack of) such as this in my life. I bought a bike online and was extremely pleased when it arrived. I fitted the pedals and took it out for a test drive. I barely got off the footpath and the right pedal fell out of the socket so I thought I hadn't tightened it enough so I put in back in and continuted on my jounery. Of course it happend again only minutes later. I contacted the company who asked me to take pictures of the issue and send to them. Three days later no response, so I contacted them for an update only to be told the pedals were installed incorrectly (crossthreded) and that I would have to purchase a new crank shaft as it was now damaged. And they had the bare faced cheek to send me a link to their website to purchase a new crank shaft for £25. I contacted them again and they offered to have the bike picked up for a fee of £35 and if they felt the problem did lie with me they would also charge a restock fee of 10%. When I asked how they would like me to package it for collection they asked if I had orginal packing which I didnt, so they said they would send me a box for £15.
This is without a shadow of doubt a "hooky" operation. DO NOT trust these people they are out to get your money and will in no way help you. My saga continues and I am speaking with trading standards at the moment so I urge you take your money elsewhere and save yourself the grief and hassle.

• £300