Rubbish bike replacement service - AVOID

jamespeterson's review of Wheelies www.wheelies.co.uk

“Rubbish bike replacement service - AVOID”

Written on: 10/08/2012 by jamespeterson (1 review written)

Wow I wish I had checked these reviews before - it seems lots of other people have had a terrible experience too and it might have prepared me for what was for come.

I do not have the energy to go through the whole 6 month saga in detail but in short they could not find a bike big enough to replace mine, sent one anyway, messed up pannier rack fitting, took back that bike, tried to send me another bike but only managed to deliver the mudguards! Finally got bike and they had FORGOTTEN to fit the brake levers - just in a pile in a box. Forgotten to fit brake levers? amazing.

After more phone calls and emails they agreed to refund cost at local bike shop for fitting. when I took it along there they asked if I had built it myself because it was so badly and dangerously assembled - they had to rebuild gears, brakes and realign wheels. Now chasing wheelies for cost of this but no success so far and radio silence.

In short apart from BT they are the worst firm I have ever dealt with - avoid at all costs. Now looking to change insurance providers.

• Specialized Tricross (missing brake levers)

• Still waiting