very disappointed

Olderroadcyclist's review of Velo Ecosse - www.veloecosse.com

“very disappointed”

Written on: 03/12/2013 by Olderroadcyclist (1 review written)

I ordered 2 items of ASSSOS bike clothing for women from the shop - I phoned to check availability (as recommended on the website)and they took my order and money by phone.
This was on 4th November 2013 and I have heard nothing since. I have spent most of today trying to get someone to answer the phone ( after trying every day for the last 2 weeks) and no-one answers. I have sent 4 emails to the contact address and no-one has got in touch.

I do quite a lot of internet shopping and this is the poorest service I have ever had. I am completley frustrated and not a little angry about it. Does anyone know the name of the managing director that I could contact?

I understand that there may be delays but no-one has had the courtesy to contact me and keep me informed. They have had £274 of my money all this time. I am on the point of travelling from Inverness - where I live - to Edinburgh to try and sort this out.

I hope they will be honest enough to reply to me if they read this but I will never use this company again

• Goods purchased & cost

Pedey's Response to Olderroadcyclist's Review

Written on: 04/12/2013

I am having similar problems - goods ordered but neither delivery nor any contact and impossible to contact by either of the 2 phone numbers on the web. What to do?

Pedey's reply to Pedey's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2013

Following on from my previous comment: I looked up Google Maps to find the name of any shops on either side of VE. I phoned the very nice man in Harlequin Antiques next door who told me that VE have gone into insolvency...... Shoot! What to do?

Olderroadcyclist's reply to Pedey's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2013

I have no idea ? Anyone out there have any advice?
A friend ordered from their website this week!
Dishonest

Olderroadcyclist's reply to Olderroadcyclist's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2014

I have since received my order - and an apology. The basement was flooded and the delivery of my items to the shop was postponed. For the future - if this was to happen again - I would have deliveries sent to another location to avoid a long delayfor customers and , at the very least phone customers to tell them what was happening or put a notice on the website? Gregor was really helpful in the end and I might give them another try!