refund issues

Guest's review of Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk

“refund issues”

Written on: 28/10/2013

Find it incredible that it can take them over 7 days to process a refund. The item bought was £250 and so a significant sum to be missing from my bank account. If they can take your money in an instant you wonder how it can possibly take so long for them to process a refund. Would never risk ordering from here again!

• jacket £250

Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you are disappointed with the length of time a refund has taken to process. We do have a large number of returns to deal with each day and as I am sure you can understand, we do have to process them in a methodical manner, regardless of their value.

It would be unfair on our other customers to process refunds "out of turn", simply based on their value and it does say in our terms and conditions that "refunds are normally processed within 7 days, but can take up to 14 days in busy periods".

I am sorry that your expectations are not in line with our policies but fully respect your decision to take your business elsewhere.

Monkeymrf's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2013

Thank you for your response. Your comments are noted however, if you have so many returns it takes 14 days to process a refund it may be advisable to recruit more staff to your accounts team to deal efficiently with volumes.