Pleased with service but puzzled at pricing

Guest's review of Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk

“Pleased with service but puzzled at pricing”

Written on: 27/08/2013

I purchased 5 tins of RWS Superdome pellets at a bulk buy price of £25 and am still pleased with the discount over the price of one tin that this gave. However, I was disappointed to receive a catalogue with my first order from Utings which showed the price per tin as £ 4.89.
Not a big difference I know but nevertheless somewhat misleading to think you get a better price by bulk buying from the prices on the Internet only to find that the catalogue prices are cheaper.
To counter this gripe I have to say the sales people were very helpful in adding an extra item the next day to be included in the same delivery at no extra p&p cost.

• 5 tins of RWS Superdome air rifle pellets for £25 plus Outdoor Connections 3piece bench bag at £22.99

Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2013

Thank you for your comments and I can understand your frustrations around the pricing of items in the catalogue.

Unfortunately, our catalogues were printed earlier in the year and, since then, a number of manufacturers have increased their prices to us (usually five minutes after we print them!)

While we do our best to maintain prices for as long as possible, unfortunately, in order to meet the demands of a fast moving, price-orientated market they can, and do, fluctuate (up and down).

Equally, if the price of the pellets had come down, we would not expect you to pay the advertised catalogue price - you would pay the lesser price.

We have considered producing a supplemental price list, but, in truth, it is not practical for us as, due to the daily fluctuations in prices, the list would always be inaccurate.