Customer service ?

Guest's review of Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk

“Customer service ?”

Written on: 22/07/2013

Having had numerous trouble free transactions with this company, who up until this point, I would have happily recommended, I have to add a note of caution. I made a thankfully small order about a month ago (£37 and a few coppers)which was scheduled to be delivered by their courier of choice. As usual, I was given an hours delivery slot by text. Sometime before that slot, I got a text saying the order was delayed, and that they would try to deliver before 18:00 the same day. Fair enough, so I went out for an hour or so. No order arrived that day, or in fact in the next couple. I checked with the courier tracking. Imagine my surprise, when it said my parcel had been delivered. I tried to contact them, but never managed to get to speak to anyone. I then flagged it up with a very helpful lady at Uttings who said she would ring them and get back to me. True to her word, she did, and informed me that the couriers were now aware of the issue and would investigate but that it could take a couple of days. I had heard nothing over a week later, so I rang Uttings and spoke to a man who informed me that the couriers had concluded their investigation and that as far as they were concerned, it had been delivered. My entire house is covered by CCTV which is reviewable, so I checked on the cameras. Nothing ! no delivery ! no nothing. I told the man this and he said he would re-contact the couriers and get back to me ....... guess what ? Nothing. No contact from Uttings or the couriers. The questions I would be asking are: who signed for it ? describe them, describe the house etc ...... but nothing. So I am now left with a bad taste and £37 out of pocket. I am fortunate enough to be in a position financially to mark this amount off to experience. I also don't have time to waste going round and round the houses. The upshot is that I can never order from Uttings again in case a repetition occurs which is a great pity, as their range of goods is second to none.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2013

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you are disappointed with our service.

The DPD investigation concluded that the driver delivered to the correct place (despite us pointing out that you have CCTV and no delivery was evident). In the interests of customer service and under the Distance Selling Regulations, we would have sent out another delivery to you as it is not your issue that the driver did not deliver to the correct place.

However, we sent an email to you on 12 July advising that the benchbag set had then sold out and asked if you wanted to remain on backorder for it or would you prefer a refund - we were awaiting a response from you. We do now have stock again of the benchbag and can send it out to you if you wish - or we can refund if you would prefer not to use us again.

On reflection, perhaps we should have contacted you by telephone rather than email and I apologise that we did not do so, but look forward to hearing from you in due course.