BSA Sweet22 3-9x40 scope

andrewcrofts's review of Uttings - www.uttings.co.uk

“BSA Sweet22 3-9x40 scope”

Written on: 15/07/2013 by andrewcrofts (1 review written)

Good service from uttings' although I missed the next day delivery by 2 mins and had to wait over the week end for the scope to arrive. Be aware, when it says the deadline for next day orders is 2:30, it means just that and unless you have paid for weekend delivery, your order will arrive the following week if place on a thursday
The Sweet 22 is a corking scope for the money. I already had the 6-18x40 fitted to my S400 and have loved it since I bought it some 3 years ago. I decided on the 3-9x40 to mount onto a new Pro sport I have just purchased. The scope is a standard 30/30 reticle with no mil dots, which is what I like as I "dial" when I shoot. The turrets are set up for various weight .22 rounds, but all i do is shoot the best groups I can from my zero range increasing in 5 yard increments up to about 70 yards, taking note of the number of clicks on the elevation turret at each different rage I shoot. I then remove the top turret and apply plain white label printer tape over the pre marked range settings and apply my own range settings accordingly. Its just a simple range finding with the very accurate side parallax and dial the elevation in to the desired distance. A bit fiddly for some, but I shoot well with this system.
The scope is very good quality all round and has good optics for the money. Its not a Bauch and Lomb or leupold, but I have shot with far worse in the past for more money. Out of the two, I think I would go for the 6-18x40 as it gives a little more mag but both are very worthy scopes for around the£100 mark and come with a life time warranty should there be problems later on.

• BSA Sweet 22 3-9x40 scope. £100 delivered.

Uttingscustomerservice's Response to andrewcrofts's Review

Written on: 16/07/2013

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, our order processing system does automatically allocate into the following day's delivery schedule, even if it is just one minute after 2.30pm, but, if you contact us, we are reasonably flexible and can usually manually override it (depending on the time and whether the courier has actually left or not) to help you out.