Disappointing quality & appaulling customer services

Guest's review of Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

“Disappointing quality and appaulling customer services”

Written on: 14/08/2013

I ordered hunter huntress navy boots for dog walking from Uttings, like most I got drawn in by the prices. The delivery was prompt and I was very excited to recieve them. However on removing the blue plastic packaging I was disappointed firstly by the damaged box. On opening the box I also realised that a pattern was emerging because the boots were badly scuffed. I phoned Uttings and spoke to the advisor who really doesnt know the meaning of the words customer services. Obviously Uttings do not quality check their products before sending to customers and then the have the nerve to ask you to pay for postage to send the item back!!! Then they say we will check the boots on their return and if they are found to be faulty then we will refund you!!! Oh this is all in their T&C's. I work for solicitors and this will be an ongoing issue until it is resolved to my satisfaction as a consumer and this is my right!!!
My advice is to think twice about using Uttings!!

• Hunter Huntress Wellington Boots

Uttingscustomerservice's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2013

Thank you for your comments and further to our recent Twitter conversation, as mentioned, due to the volume of orders we despatch, it is simply not practical for us to check every single item that we send out.

As we have said that we will refund your return postage costs if they are faulty, then I am a little unsure what issue there is actually left to resolve to your satisfaction.

Written on: 16/08/2013

This will be an ongoing issue until and full refund has been recieved. I think the way I have been treated is just a disgrace to your company. Have you heard of treat customers fairly?
I just wish to have my money back now and I am entitled to that as a consumer for goods that are faulty.
I wish to God now that I never ordered from Uttings. Such a bad experience.

Written on: 16/08/2013

The boots have been returned to you via Collect plus, I am tracking the delivery of the boots and will be contacting you when you have reciept of them. The boots are faulty, numerous pictures have been taken by myself and I have also showed them to my partner who also decscribed them as very badly scuffed... No if but's or maybe's about it!!

Travelgecko's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2013

I don't know how your conversation went, but if your attitude on here is anything to go by, I think I can see why the person you spoke to did not perhaps go out of their way to help you.

I've dealt with Uttings before with a problem and the person I spoke to was very helpful and polite and couldn't do more to help me.

I learned the hard way that being unreasonable and coming out with things like "I work for solicitors" (your point?) doesn't make people want to help you. Treating customers fairly in my experience is largely governed by the the attitude of the customer and I expect Uttings probably treated you as fairly as you treated them.

Written on: 19/08/2013

Review centre I would be grateful if you could deactivate my account. Many thanks.

Written on: 19/08/2013

However before I close, I wish to mention that I have just spoke to the most charming gentleman with Uttings customer services who dealt with my return enquiry prompt. Thank you M. Its ashame that the 1st lady that dealt with me didnt have your approach to customers. Thank you for confirming that the boots are damaged and for confirming that a refund will be issued. Kind Regards.