Bushnell Trophy Cam

DevonFarmer's review of Uttings Outdoors www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk

“Bushnell Trophy Cam”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by DevonFarmer (1 review written)

I wanted a Trophy Cam for wildlife photography around my Devon farm. I was totally confused by the vast range of Bushnell Trophy Cams available both at Uttings and elsewhere. I rang Uttings and spoke to a member of the sales staff who was helpful but did not give me all the advice I required. I therefore elected for the most expensive of three on offer, the Black LED-119466. The website does not give adequate pros and cons of the various models available in a simple form.
The cam I chose does everything I want but I wish now I had selected one with "playback" in the field rather than having to bring the camera and/or card back to base.
I was very irritated to find that although I could download stills onto my MacBook Pro it would not replay video. Uttings were unable to help nor the company, Vickers, they referred me to. Fortunately I have Windows Parallel on my Mac and this downloads and plays stills and video without any problem. Anyone with just Mac software is going to have problems unless there is software one can download to play videos.
The quality of videos caught in the field is however excellent with some great shots of foxes, deer and badgers already.

• Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED - 119466