shocking lairs

Guest's review of Triton Cycles - www.tritoncycles.co.uk

“shocking lairs”

Written on: 01/10/2012

ordered a bike from them on a Wednesday called them on Friday to ask where the bike was, told that it was out of stock, they said I should have received a email on the Thursday. I told them I didn't receive the email on the thursday & they said it never got sent out, I felt like all the time I was talking to them they just couldn't be bothered. They didn't offer me any supplement or alternative, so the conversation ended. I then tried to purchase the bike off J E James & the bike was out of stock, the next day i called back & said that due to them not sending me a email I missed the chance at buying the bike at a decent price, they then offered me £70 off next years model, the bike wasn't yet on their website, so i waited till monday then i see the bike on their website & to my amazment it came with 10% worth of free goods, so I called up to order the bike & was told that the 10% offer wasn't open to me as they had already reduced the bike, they basically tried to pull the wool over my eyes on saturday making out I was getting £70 off of a bike but if you take the 10% off which is £42 I was getting a £28 discount, I said that due to them not sending me a email, which they said they forgot to do on thursday, I missed the chance of getting the bike at a good price, then to my shock they said they did send it to me. I can not believe how sly they were in doing this. I told them I didn't believe this was good enough & the saleswoman bascially shugged her shoulders & said that's all we are giving you & i'm not going to get into a row with you!
Class service from triton

• Goods purchased & cost

Tritoncycles's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2013

Email sent within 48 hours of order to explain that bike was unfortunately sold out.

We offered a generous discount off the new model of the same bike which would be selling at full RRP at all other UK stores but customer ALSO wanted 10% worth of free goods. Unfortunately the offers we run cannot be used in conjunction with each other i.e. you may only use one or the other.

Our customer service team offered this customer a very good deal as a gesture of goodwill to compensate for the fact we couldn't complete the original order.

We're sorry that we couldn't get hold of the bike originally ordered and that the offer we made wasn't good enough to satisfy this customer.