Good prices with average customer service.

Galoot's review of Triton Cycles - www.tritoncycles.co.uk

“Good prices with average customer service.”

Written on: 14/10/2011 by Galoot (1 review written)

I purchased a Cannondale Synapse 2011 bike from Triton Cycles in October 2011. The price was good as the bike was on special offer and was discounted by 20% compared to larger retail outlets.

The initial order process was easy and I was called by a polite lady the next day to process the payment. This is where the first problems began, I was offered a particular day for delivery so I booked a day off work. Then the courier arrived two days earlier than arranged when I was out! Doh not a massive problem but frustrating, Triton Cycles did say sorry and said this was there warehouse making a mistake. A phone call to the couriers to arrange re-delivery was all that was needed.

So the bike arrives two days later on the day I had originally booked off, unfortunately this highlighted another issue. The bike which I was expecting to be part built looked like it was actually direct from the Cannondale factory with no setup from Triton Cycles. Normally when you purchase a bike you only have to straighten the handle bars, attach the pedals and then tweak the odd gear. My bike needs all the brakes attaching, the cables on the bike are loose and not attached to the front handlebars. Te gears have not been set up, the handlebars are not attached at all, there is no grease on the parts that need greasing such as the seat post.

If the bike had been advertised as needing to be built like this on the website I would have ordered from elsewhere as there where other local bike shops with the same discount who did part build the bike (or at least taken this extra cost into account). I don't have the skill to set up bike gears and derailers or the tools to build a bike like this. So I'm going to have to take the bike to a local bike store and pay out over £50 to have the bike built negating most of the savings! So for this reason I would unfortunately not recommend Triton Cycles and only gave 2 stars total.

My advise to Triton Cycles is to advertise that your bikes are not built to avoid disappointment to future customers. The lady I spoke to was very polite though and the prices are good so if you have the skill to build your own bike then its not all bad.

• Cannondale Synapse Alloy Sora 2011