Excellent turbo trainer, great service from Tredz

LanceDrugstrong's review of Tredz www.tredz.co.uk

“Excellent turbo trainer, great service from Tredz”

Written on: 04/11/2013 by LanceDrugstrong (1 review written)

I'm new to turbo trainers and was unsure how to choose between the various models on the market, which range from simple and cheap trainers through to astronomically priced virtual reality trainers. Having read reviews on a number of cycling websites I was down to a short list of four or five. I called Tredz store in Cardiff for advice and the store representative seemed happy to talk through the various options in my budget (up to £350), spending around half an hour on the phone to me.

I chose the Cycleops Jet Fluid Pro on the basis of the advice. Delivery was prompt and the turbo easy to set up - just extend the two legs into place, swap the QR skewer, drop the bike in and align the roller. Really simple. I've not been disappointed. It delivers a challenging workout, responding to incremental effort, so is easy to work up a sweat.

Pros - Tredz advice, prompt delivery, product easy to set up, delivers effective workout.

Cons - any turbo trainer is a bit dull compared to riding outdoors. The Cycleops race DVD helps to alleviate this, and makes a change from listening to the iPod.

• Cycleops Jet Fluid Pro