In stock items not in stock, poor packaging, slow delivery

Guest's review of Tredz www.tredz.co.uk

“In stock items not in stock, poor packaging, slow delivery”

Written on: 22/10/2013

I ordered 5 items which I checked were all showing as 'In Stock' on the website. About 4 hours after I placed my order I received a phone call from Tredz saying that 1 item was not in stock and another item would have to be ordered from the suppliers which would take about a week & so may not be with you for 10 days.
Whats the point of showing 'in stock' items when they're not in stock, I thought that was the whole point of displaying up to date info... Sort it out!

3 days after I ordered from Tredz I received an email saying your goods have been dispatched. Why does it take 3 days to dispatch the items? They then took 2 further days to arrive. On the same day that I ordered from Tredz I also ordered items from 3 other online shops, & a shop in Taiwan. All 3 other shops delivered within 2 days, & the items from Taiwan only took 6 days. Poor service Tredz

When the package did arrive, it was a huge box the size of typical computer desktop hard drive & everything was rattling around in it. I'd only ordered a seat post, a stem & some bar tape. They had just put the 3 items into a massive box that was capable of holding at least 6 times the quantity. Luckily nothing was damaged. Why use such a massive box for 3 small items & why did you not at least try to pack it with bubble wrap or some other equivalent.
All in all pretty disgraceful. Incorrect stock info, long delivery time, poor packaging. I will never recommend you to anyone. Definitely shop elsewhere

• Seat post, stem, bar tape

Tredz_Bikes's Comment

Written on: 23/10/2013

Hi,

Thank you for your review and comments. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced when shopping with us recently.

Please be assured that we continuously monitor stock levels to make sure the website reflects our current stock however it seems we were unsuccessful on this occasion which has then impacted on your delivery timescale. With the regard to the packaging, we are glad that your items arrived in a satisfactory condition and will feedback your comments to the warehouse with a view to improving our processes in this area.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please call or email, where one og our customer service team will be happy to help you.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,