This company is the PITS

Ozziemog52's review of The Sports HQ www.thesportshq.com

“This company is the PITS”

Written on: 07/01/2014 by Ozziemog52 (2 reviews written)

Do not even think about using them. You will spend hours on the phone if things go wrong and getting a refund seems just about impossible. They do not seem to understand the Distance Selling Regulations and if they do they ignore them. I have spent 6 weeks now trying to get a refund for goods that have been returned. Make sure you keep all receipts as you will certainly need them if you want to attempt to get a refund!

My honest opinion AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

None of the directors seems to be preapared to provide a contact number or direct contact address so maybe that says it all!

• Junior Golf Shoes £29

By Thesportshq

Written on: 08/01/2014

Can I try and help you get this sorted? Sorry for any problems, but refunds are processed quickly (within 2 working days most of the time) - so if you've been waiting 6 weeks, clearly something has gone wrong.

If you send me your order number, I'll find out what's gone on and get this sorted for you.

Written on: 09/01/2014

It would appear that writing to you with copies to your company secretary and chairman threatening legal action within seven days finally achieved a result. However, I should not have been forced to do this when you were in breach of the Distance Selling Regulations.

Thesportshq's reply to Ozziemog52's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2014

It's hard for me to comment or try and understand what's gone on without knowing more details, such as your order number, but I can say copying those people won't have made any difference in terms of the service we offer. Sending to our company secretary (who is our accountant) for example, will just have meant he forwarded on to the customer service team.

No matter what happened previously, I am sorry that you've not had the service you expected, and I'd really appreciate it if you can help me investigate with your order number so we can prevent it happening again. I'll send you an email to your address registered with ReviewCentre if you are worried about posting it publicly.

Written on: 10/01/2014

ORDER REFERENCE 20131026/31961

Goods ordered 26 October 2013
Goods thrown over gate while no one at home 1 November 2013
Goods received 4 November 2013
Returns label requested 5 November 2013
Returns label debited to my account 6 November 2013
Several phone calls and emails later
Returns label received 2 weeks later 21 November 2013
Goods Dispatched to SPORTSHQ 22 November 2013
Goods received by SPORTSHQ 26 November 2013
Tracking number V5MGM8P
about 10 unanswered phone calls and 40 emails later
Partial refund received 9 December 2014
Still awaiting £4.99 carriage as stated on the returns section of your website. See below.

"Changed your mind or not your size?
No problem, you can return your item to us within 7 working days of receiving it, providing it is new, unused and complete (including, if applicable, instruction manuals, fixings, screws etc). You’ll need to pay for all postage costs sending the item back to us. We’ll issue you a full refund when the goods get back, including postage."

Thesportshq's reply to Ozziemog52's Comment

Written on: 13/01/2014

Yes, as confirmed on the phone, that was a simple human error on our end, that £4.99 will be refunded and has already gone to accounts for processing, should be with you within 48 hours.

Written on: 13/01/2014

Thank you, we got there finally just a shame it took so long that I have now lost confidence in your company and will not be using them again.