Do Not Deal with this Company

Golfer123's review of The Sports HQ www.thesportshq.com

“Do Not Deal with this Company”

Written on: 01/01/2014 by Golfer123 (1 review written)

Do not commit any monies to this company!!

On 20th November I ordered a Ping Jura golf top as a birthday present for a friend. This was ordered via Golfgear.co.uk, a SprtsHQ company.

When by the 28th I had not had any confirmation of delivery, I emailed their "help desk" (laughable description). No response at all, so emailed them again on the 2nd December. No response again, so rang their contact number. Had to ring three times to get any response. Spoke to an agent who confirmed they had no stock. I asked them to cancel the order as my friends birthday had been and gone, and to refund my money. Agent confirmed he would email their accounts dept to issue a refund. I asked him to send a copy of that request to me email address as confirmation that a refund was being processed. Agent assured me he would do this. Guess what.... no email!!

Rang them again several days later to be told again that a refund was being processed. They confirmed this in writing. Still no refund to my credit card.

On the 20th Dec I got an email response to my email of 2nd Dec (18 days late!). This stated a refund had been issued. I emailed back saying it hadn't and could they tell me the precise date that the refund was processed.
They emailed back saying refund requested again due to "technical difficulties".

As of todays date (1st Jan) I am still awaiting a refund. Essentially they have taken my money and are not returning it.

So I have taken the following actions:-

1. I have contacted my credit card supplier and asked them to regard this company's actions as an offence under the distance selling and sale of goods acts, and to recover my money.

2. I am contacting Trading Standards to request that they undertake a formal investigation of this company, as judging by other recent reviews on this site, they are doing the same thing to other customers.

Avoid dealing with this company.

• Goods purchased & cost