IS THIS COMPANY STILL TRADING?

Customers Revolt's review of The Sports HQ www.thesportshq.com

“IS THIS COMPANY STILL TRADING?”

Written on: 08/11/2013 by Customers Revolt (5 reviews written)

I ordered an electric bike (plus small items)on 4th November - 3 to 5 days delivery quoted. I received no communication from them re. order although signing into my account shows the order is there but with no despatch date.

Several emails later to the Help Line they tell me on Wednesday they had "technical" problems with sale and shipping departments. They finally told me delivery would definitely be Friday, 8th. Waited in, nothing appeared - tried to call them before they closed but no reply.

Paid direct through Visa (instead of via Amazon)as I was seduced by 5% reduction on next order (£26). Since the problems and lack of customer service, and also reading these reviews, it looks like even had I purchased through Amazon, there would still be problems.

I won't lose any money and feel like cancelling but I want the bike so I'll be patient until next week.

Just worried that this company may be in financial trouble and I would not be surprised as their staff and overall customer service is the worst I have come across in the UK. People knock Amazon but they have never let me down (ie. problems are resolved quickly). The worst problems are with their Market Place partners.

Just going to check Companies House for Sports HQ or Sport Plc, as they are also known.

• Goods purchased & cost

Customers Revolt's Response to Customers Revolt's Review

Written on: 12/11/2013

UPDATE

They took my money for this order on 11 November but they are unable to give a Yodel Tracking number and Yodel have NO deliveries pending for my address. They have NO IDEA where my items are.

There is only one man working there (in Sales/Shipping/General Enquiries - same man answers the phone).

I have now found dreadful reviews of the Cyclmatic Electric Bike I have bought so, if I ever receive the bike, watch this space for the complaints!

Also, Sports HQ is a "Non Trading" company, as per Companies House website. They changed their name to S247 Plc on 24/10/13. Why are they still trading under the old name? Is this legal? I'm trying to find this out.

People knock Amazon (as do the media) - why don't they investigate this group of companies? They are obviously jumping from one trading name to another to avoid all the bad reviews. I can't believe the quoted revenue for this company is £16m - they act like a one man show trading from a garden shed!