OK, if there are no problems

Guest's review of The Sports HQ www.thesportshq.com

“OK, if there are no problems”

Written on: 23/04/2012

I've read reviews about poor customer service, but in 99% of cases there is no need to contact them, so I went ahead. The website asked me to put email address and password, so I would be able to track my order afterwards, and I registered.

The next day, I got a phone call from the Customer Service. My item was out of stock, expected in five days, and because I had to wait, they'd send it with the next day delivery. I was impressed with the service, and thought the reviews had it wrong.

I could look at the order status, although the password I provided in the form was not saved, but I could receive a new one. After five days, on Friday, there was no change in the order status. I looked again after the weekend, and there was no change on Monday and Tuesday. I wrote an email, and after a couple of hours, the item was dispatched. A fee of £3 was added to my order for the next day delivery, although at this point it was actually 9 days after my original order.

It took another phone call to remove the fee, and the order went to original 3 - 5 working days. The promised tracking number was not on the order status page, although the website explicitely promised it, but the customer service assured me that the item would arrive on Friday. I couldn't stay at home every day, so on Thursday I was out, and this is when the item actually arrived. The delivery person didn't call me, and left the item near the door. I was lucky no one passed by and stole it.

If there are no problems, the item is in stock and not damaged + someone is staying at home several days, expecting delivery, I'd recommend the Sports HQ. But if something goes wrong, it's a headache to deal with them. Keep in mind that the information they give about the delivery times is approximate.

• Goods purchased & cost