Surprisingly Good Customer Support

RobMidge's review of Sports Shades Online - www.sportsshadesonline.com

“Surprisingly Good Customer Support”

Written on: 15/10/2012 by RobMidge (1 review written)

I don't normally write reviews, so believe me I have to be impressed to even lift metaphorical pen to paper.

I already have a pair of excellent Adidas Adizero Temp sports glasses that I use for cycling and I found Sports Shades when looking for a clear lens to replace the original yellow one, now that nights are dark earlier than they were. Service was prompt and the lens was was unmarked and even fogs less than the lens that originally came with the glasses. So I was pleased.

It happens that I am going to India cycling so I now need a high UV factor lens, so off I went back to Sports Shades to order some dark grey tint. I ordered them and within an hour I had a call from Deb at Sports Shades to say that she had noticed from my last oreder that the new order was for a different model of glasses and did I realise? When was the last time that happened to you while internet shopping?
It was wrong of course and Deb also steered me to the most appropriate lens for me, asked when I was going (in 12 days' time) and then followed up with calls to Adidas and back to me to confirm that they should be able to get them to me in time. If it looked like it might not happen, she said she would stock an alternative, high protection lens in a different colour as a back up.
I looked myself in the mirror thinking I must have attained celebrity status, but alas I am not Bradley Wiggins or Mark Cavendish, just plain old Jo Public.

Now I don't know about you, but this is not what I normally experience with on-line shopping: I am much more used to an automated service and if there is communication it is normally after something has gone wrong - when you usually find people singularly unhelpful.
Sports Shades has turned that perception on its head for me - it more reminiscant of the traditional corner shop mentality to customer service.
I am very impressed and will recommend them to anyone who cares to listen: they are different, genuinely add value and deserve custom.

• Adidas Adizero Temp lenses