Sports Shades Online.Personal Service-Guaranteed.

Guest's review of Sports Shades Online - www.sportsshadesonline.com

“Sports Shades Online.Personal Service-Guaranteed.”

Written on: 24/04/2012

I purchased a pair of Adidas Evil Eye Explorers when skiing in Italy a few years ago when I used to wear contact lenses.
Eventually one pair of lenses got scratched and I needed to replace them, and I also wanted another pair for different light conditions.
I went to my nearest adidas store and the assistants looked at me as if I was on another planet when I enquired about replacement lenses.
What next? I decided to look on the net. I investigated different sites and stuck gold with Sports Shades Online.
The layout of the site was easy to follow so i ordered a couple of sets of lenses online at competitive prices,which I duly received by post with little delay.Excellent.
Now for the really good part. I decided that I wanted to change one set of lenses for another of a different colour. I contacted SSO using the contact form. No problem. Deborah replied with little delay. I returned the lenses and received the replacement post haste. I was impressed.
My sight had become so poor that by now I found it difficult to see with contacts.I had noticed that SSO did prescription inserts for the Explorers, so I contacted SSO again, via E-mail. Deborah extremely helpful,she dealt with my problems and requests without any hassle whatsoever.
I ordered the inserts about two weeks before I went skiing and,as promised, inserts arrived in plenty of time for me to trial them before I hit the snow. The inserts were so easy to fit, they just pop into two slits in the bridge of the glasses and with a strong pinch on the inserts at the bridge they pop out again.Easy.
My prescription being -7.75 in the left eye and -5.25 in the right is quite severe and on first using them I did notice quite a lot of barrel distortion, but after about 10 mins my ageing brain sorted it out. My vision with the inserts being clearer than with my prescription glasses.
I have now used the Explorers on three skiing holidays as well as using them for driving when we get some Sun over here.
It now takes less than two minutes for me to acclimatise to a change in lenses which I needed to do frequently due to the changeable weather in the alps this Easter.
I do have varifocals in my prescription glasses so I was initially worried about having single vision inserts in my sunglasses. I have had no problems with the inserts and if i need to read a menu at lunch I can read over the top of them, but as a precaution I also carry my my specs in my ski jacket.( By the way I do have an HMR helmet with visor, I use the Adidas with a low absorption orange lens behind a silvered grey visor in the sun and in poor light and/or whiteout just flip the visor up. Problem sorted.
What's next, I need a new pair of prescription glasses, so I'm now hounding Deborah and SSO again. They are trying to sort things for me again,I know have some difficult requests, and the locals here don't seem up to the challenge.
Thanks D.

• Adidas prescription inserts and LST active silver light and active gold lenses