Refund Refusal

Boy's Name41's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Refund Refusal”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Boy's Name41 (1 review written)

Bought a pair of chinos in Southport Store. No time to try them on but at home realised the openings to the legs were so small I could not even get them over my feet!! Clearly unfit for purpose. Returned them the next day unused, with all tags and labels on plus receipt. Refund refused. Asked to see manager. Gangly youth appeared 20 minutes later claiming to be manager. I explained the situation. He refused refund. I explained law to him. He smirked and refused again. I explained I wasn't prepared to argue with him, and if he gave me the name of the manager and the full store address and postcode I would put in a complaint to Trading Standards. He disappeared for another 10 minutes and returned with a piece of paper with the word "Mitch" written on it. I asked who Mitch was. He said the manager. I said are you Mitch? He said no. I said, you told me earlier that you were the manager. He said I'm the assistant manager, it's the same thing!! I said, no an assistant manager is not the same as the manager, therefore you lied to me. I said what is Mitch's full name? He said Mitch is his full name. At this point, 30 minutes later, left in disgust and have reported the incident to Trading Standards. What an absolute joke of a company. Shows that all you have to do these days to get rich is sell trash and lie to your customers. Never again.

• Goods purchased & cost