Worst Online Shopping Experience To Date

01gerrard's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Worst Online Shopping Experience To Date ”

Written on: 06/04/2014 by 01gerrard (1 review written)

I have placed a few orders since December 2013 and have been very frustrated with what I have experienced

1st Order : I ordered 2 pairs of shoes as was unsure of the size.
When order arrived I got my child to try them on and kept one pair.
I took the other back to the store only to be told that the online system is different to shopping instore and the best they can offer me is an exchange or a gift card to the value of purchase. Infuriating

2nd Order: I placed an order Mid December for Xmas presents for my boy. When They went to deliver them the courier company drove off twice as there was no one there to sign for the parcel. I was in the house on both occasions with car at the door and also a note on the door on the second delivery date. They refused to leave in secure shed or with a Neighbour.

3rd Order: Ordered new pair of football boots for my son on a Monday, by Friday still hadnt received them.

I understand that couriers have came under scrutiny for missing parcels and that it can take up to 5 working days etc etc, but I can assure you that 99% of other companies I order with either have an option in basket where I would like parcel to be left should no one be at home. Even Postman always ensures I get my ebay deliveries.
99% of other companies allow you to take your unwanted purchase to your nearest store for a refund.

I am reluctant ever to purchase with Sports Direct Again..

• Sports Wear £100