Are they selling factory seconds as new?

Thalleon's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Are they selling factory seconds as new?”

Written on: 14/03/2014 by Thalleon (1 review written)

I have ordered from Sports Direct twice in the past few months. On the first occasion i bought Firetrap jeans one in black and one in mid-wash. Both were for 32W Regular length. Even though both had a label stating they were the same size there was a massive discrepancy in the fit. The Mid-wash were just about right but the Black were massive, obviously a 36 waist not 32. I have bought plenty of Firetrap jeans in the past both online and in shop but never from Sports Direct. I thought it may have been a one off but I had the same problem with my next order from them. This time for a sweatshirt by Pierre Cardin. Again I ordered same design, same manufacturer and the labels both said Medium. One was 18.5 inches across the shoulder and the other was 21 inches across the shoulder.
It is quite clear, to me at least, that Sports Direct are selling factory seconds or rejects as new so they can make them sound like a great deal with their 70% discount. I am taking this up with trading standards and will update anything I find out. The quality of the products I have ordered from Sports Direct is below the standard I am used to from Firetap and Pierre Cardin. Sizes are wrong, buttons missing, poor stitching etc… I really wonder if Firetrap or Pierre Cardin are aware of this.
On top of that Sports Direct's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. They have never apologised and never answer any of my questions. They will either ignore my emails or issue generic responses. There telephone service is exactly the same. After waiting in a queue for ages I get through to someone who just re-iterates the same response and ignores any of my concerns or complaints.
Of course, if you order something and it appears ok then there is no problem, but in my experience great customer service is down to how a company deals with mistakes and complaints. On this count Sports Direct fails miserably.

• Firetrap Tokyo jeans and Pierre Cardin sweatchirts.