Exceptionally poor customer care standards at evey level

delavina16's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Exceptionally poor customer care standards at evey level”

Written on: 30/10/2013 by delavina16 (1 review written)

My first telephone contact (once I had been able to track down the number, because S.D. takes care not to display it anywhere at all on its website) with customer services indicated that I was 12th. in the queue. Matters only grew worse from there on in. I was fobbed off with promises to return a call. Then I was sent an automated email which indicated that I should receive a response in 1-5 working days "or longer". Try no response in 22 days.
Second e mail, and a recorded delivery letter, no reply. Second call to customer services 9 days later "Not allocated that's a job for I.T. I'll speak with my supervisor...." 9 minutes on hold and still no response. had to hang up.

I have no problme at all with S.D. wanting to keep phone calls to a minimum, because that keeps the prices down to us customers, but when something goes wrong, you will need to be VERY PERSISTENT if you want any hope of a reply.

• Goods purchased & cost