Sneaky practices

Guest's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Sneaky practices”

Written on: 18/09/2013

I ordered from SD a few months ago and just as I was about to click pay I thought, 'hang on, what's that extra thing in my shopping cart? Did I accidentally add it?' I had forgotten about this when I ordered some trainers last week and as I was in a rush paid quickly and only afterwards found they had put a magazine in my cart and charged me £1. I tried to cancel the order but they don't have a facility for this. I'm going to return the trainers and the magazine (if they ever arrive) and I expect a refund for both items! This has got to contravene distance selling regs surely? They should be asking if you want to add a mug or magazine to your cart and the onus should not be on the customer to spot it and remove it. Just imagine how much money they're making. They say they're trialling it but its been going on too long for that. It's a dishonest plain and simple and one they know they can get away with because sorting it out with them is impossible and most people just give up.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Exapt_Brit's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2013

I couldn't agree more. I tried adding a sports direct magazine review about the £1 catalogue (coz that's what it really is) that they forced upon me. I've cut & pasted their response (now I can understand why there are 45 magazine reviews, but only 2 appear on their site!!!);

Dear ***** *
Your Comment/Reply:
What an amazing magazine. I love it and I am so happy that you decided that it should be added to my cart. It was a great idea to send me this magazine without asking me.
posted on site on 17/09/2013
has been Disapproved and Removed by the moderator.

Please note that all reviews must apply to the specific product in question and any comments containing inappropriate or bad language will be removed.

Any enquiries regarding delivery, sizing information and difficulties with your order should be sent to our Customer Services department.

Note: This email is an autogenerated response, please don't reply to it.