Dire, avoid at all costs

Guest's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Dire, avoid at all costs”

Written on: 17/09/2013

I regularly shop in Sports Direct stores, but I have only bought online twice. Both times I have been sent faulty, third-rate goods.

The first time, a jacket with a ripped pocket. The second, a stove with items missing and a camping table which was not only broken but also rusting!

Their customer service is non-existent. Their returns procedure is overly complicated and at your initial cost, leading me to think that this an intentional ploy so that you either decide that returning the item isn't worth the hassle, or return it to store where they will only offer exchange or credit note, thus retaining your money.

I know every now and again you are going to end up with something faulty or damaged, but as long as that is put right I don't mind. Sports Direct seem to have an exceedingly high fault ratio in my experience (75% of products ordered), and they DON'T put it right.

I actually think its about their practices were investigated.

I really can't advise strongly enough that you avoid this company at all costs.

• Goods purchased & cost