Paid for Saturday delivery which did not arrive

djam1964's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Paid for Saturday delivery which did not arrive”

Written on: 22/07/2013 by djam1964 (2 reviews written)

I paid for a 'Saturday delivery' on the Sports Direct website as the item was for a birthday present. We waited in all day, continually checking the parcel status, to no avail. The parcel was not delivered and there was not information sent to explain why. My son was extremely upset and not receiving his present and I was angry that we had waited in all day for a delivery that did not come.
It's now Monday and the status says it's out for delivery today, 2 days late. Contacted Sports Direct and they have refunded delivery charge but this does not come close to compensating us. Not impressed with them or Yodel. I will never order online with Sports Direct again and will make sure any deliveries from online purchases I make are not coming via Yodel.
I have since read dozens of bad reviews of Yodel. Why do Sports Direct use them?

• £21.98 Premier League football

• Still waiting

Djam1964's Response to djam1964's Review

Written on: 24/07/2013

Update on this post. After receiving delivery from Yodel I asked driver why he was 2 days late. He said they had not received parcel from Sports Direct until that day. Contacted Yodel customer service who confirmed this and told me parcel was down as standard delivery from Sports Direct, not saturday delivery which I had paid for. Wrote to Sports Direct but they are refusing to compensate me other than refunding the delivery charge. Apologies to Yodel, this was not your mistake. Shame on you Sports Direct. You have just lost a customer...