False advertising, refuse to allow honest feedback

petejc21's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“False advertising, refuse to allow honest feedback”

Written on: 09/07/2013 by petejc21 (3 reviews written)

I ordered several items from Sportsdirect, some were ok, but a few were nothing like the item I ordered. A shirt that was meant to be grey/charcoal turned out to be blue (the tag showed it was the 'correct' item, but the picture they show online clearly shows a different colour shirt to what it actually is).

So what did I do? I sent it back for a refund and left appropriate feedback on there site stating that "the shirt is nothing like the photo, it is blue not grey". Sportsdirect refuses to publish the comment for others to see, which means more people are now going to order it and get something different to what they ordered.

Twice I tried to leave the comment to warn people and twice they removed it, emailing me with the following "Please note that all reviews must apply to the specific product in question and any comments containing inappropriate or bad language will be removed." The staff are clearly as useless as their catalogue photos.

A lot of the products sizing are way off, order a Medium and you're actually getting an XL, or vice versa. Now I have the pleasure of returning the items at my own expense to get my money back.

I tried taking the items back to a high street store for a refund only to be told (by the gold hooped earring wearing pikey behind the counter) "nah we don't do refunds in store you gotta send them back to the website". I was lucky to walk out of there without being tarmacked or carrying a bag of white heather.

• Petrol Check shirt