AVOID SPORTS DIRECT RETAIL OUTLET - HIGH WYCOMBE

Guest's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“ AVOID SPORTS DIRECT RETAIL OUTLET - HIGH WYCOMBE”

Written on: 22/05/2013

After spending nearly £100 I attempted to return two low cost faulty items (total value £8). The sales assistant and store manager would not accept that the goods were faulty, although they plainly were, and refused to give me a refund - offering instead a credit voucher. I asked if this could be used for their online store since an item I wanted was not available in the retail outlet but via their online operation. I was told that the two do not operate as one and the way the conversation went led me to believe that the retail outlet stocks the "remainders" and seconds - which would explain the faulty goods. I explained that I wanted a refund which is my right but met a brick wall - I will take this to the Office of Fair Trading and would recommend you avoid this store if you expect satisfaction.

• Goods purchased & cost

Jenndrew's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2013

Couldn't agree more, Greenford branch did the same thing to me, customer service non existant, actually went to the exchange and returns counter to be told no refunds!!!!! The thing that gets me was the fact that I had specifically asked if I could get a refund if the clothes didnt fit and was told 'no problem'. Like you I also asked if I could use the gift voucher on line or even if they could order what I wanted to the branch.. again a flat NO. Thought businesses ran on reputation and customer service but they didnt even have a brain between them to come up with a solution for me. Asked if the had the larger sizes in branch, I got 'DONT KNOW' What the hell are computers for if you dont even have a list of stock items. Really hacked off and like you, I'm NOT going to leave it there. APPALLING !!!!! If 70% discount means 70% service then charge me full price any day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!