Positive experience turned bad: DON'T PRE-ORDER ITEMS

Missp1601's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Positive experience turned bad: DON'T PRE-ORDER ITEMS”

Written on: 25/03/2013 by Missp1601 (1 review written)

I have shopped with sports direct many times and each time, they have been good. However, my latest experience has made me very wary.

After ordering my children's sports shoes for Easter, I decided to include a track suit that was on a pre-order.

At no point during the checkout process was it made clear that the WHOLE ORDER would be held back until this item could be dispatched.

Apparently this is highlighted when you click to buy the item.

Not at the point of purchase when you are being advised that £3.99 delivery charge means you can expect delivery in 3-4 days.

The ironic thing is, had they been clear, I wouldn't really have minded paying for separate delivery..despite spending £120 I didn't order things I don't need now and the idea that they're going to have my money for 5 weeks is ridiculous.

Instead I've had a whole day of hassle trying to work out where I stand (no where without a phone call to a number that they don't even advertise on their site).

So to have that item withdrawn from the order means a phone call charged at 10p a minute, standard duration 26 minutes (they don't acknowledge receipt of emails for up to 10 days.)

This is the only company I have come across who do this.

In short, OK if you know what you're shopping for but lack of clarity at point of purchase smacks of a lack of respect for customers in the current economic climate.

Customer service representative, patronising and bored.

Hopefully I'll get my items otherwise its off to one of the other suppliers.

• Kids trainers and basic sportswear £120