Not contactable & don't even start on 'courier' Yodel!

rachaelLDN04's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Not contactable and don't even start on 'courier' Yodel!”

Written on: 14/01/2013 by rachaelLDN04 (1 review written)

I placed an order with Sports Direct for Christmas presents a little over a week before Christmas.

In total I placed about 10 online orders with different stores as I was struggling to find time to go shopping and did not want to fight the crowds. The Sports Direct/Yodel delivery was the only one that never arrived.

I paid for next day delivery and Sports Direct seemed to dispatch my order just fine. The courier they used, 'Yodel', was an absolute disaster. Their 'tracking' service suggested that my delivery was to happen between 8am and 9pm the next day. It never arrived and upon checking the tracking service I realised it was out for delivery again the day after. I waited for the delivery again to no avail. Despite emails and calling them there was no way of getting in contact with them. I ended up having to rush to a Sports Direct store on Christmas eve on my way to the airport to pick up the presents I needed. I was not able to find everything I needed in the right size/colour etc. and as such my presents for family members were compromised.

I also tried repetitively to contact Sports Direct directly, but the automated emails provided no help.

I received a random 'refund' email from Sports Direct on the 10th of January with no apology or explanation.

For companies of this magnitude (both Sports Direct and Yodel) I really expected more. Will definitely be avoiding both in future. Very disappointed.

• Christmas Presents £90 in total