Terrible Customer Service

Cheri831's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 14/01/2013 by Cheri831 (3 reviews written)

Visited the Chilwell branch and found it to be a poorly laid out store with poor signage and no shop assistants on the shopfloor. Had to get someone off the till to help me find an item as noone else was about. I told her what I needed the item for and she assured me that the only product that they had on offer was what I was looking for. As I bought the item I specifically asked the same shop assistant how long I had to return it if it was unsuitable and the assistant told me 28 days. However, when I got home I found out that the product didn't do what the shop assistant told me it would and so returned to the store to return it the following day. I was given the runaround as the till on the ground floor doesn't do returns and so had to go upstairs. I was then told that Sports Direct do not do returns, only exchanges! As they only had one of these particular products on offer there was nothing I could exchange it for. I haven't come across a store before which does not allow you to return products, especially when they are not fit for purpose and think that this is appauling customer service. Sports Direct are obviously not aware of statutory rights as if a product is not fit for purpose then they have to give your money back. Consequently I will not be buying from sports direct again, and will not be recommending it to anyone. Subsequently I have spoken to friends about this experience and found that they have had similar experiences. I wish I had known before and I wouldn't have wasted my money. As well as their overall returns policy being a con, their staff should also be trained in customer service. When I asked about returns when I first bought the product the shop assistant should have told me that Sports Direct don't do returns, as should the shop assistants on the till on the ground floor who told me that returns were dealt with at the upstairs till.

• £50