I thought delivery meant you actually received the item

MancPete's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“I thought delivery meant you actually received the item”

Written on: 31/12/2012 by MancPete (2 reviews written)

I made an order online from Sports Direct. I was not in when the courier Yodel tried to drop off. I rang the number on the card to rearrange and a woman said she would deliver the next day. Waited in all day no delivery. Rang the number again no answer this time. Rang it from my mobile and funnily enough I got an answer. A very abrupt man, who tried to claim they had attempted to make the delivery (lie 1) As they were apparently based close to my home I said I would pick up from them. Could he was going out to work, (his parter wasn't though!) phone back after 7pm to get the address he point blank refused to give it me there and then, I asked him would he answer the phone yes (lie 2) I rang 3 times between 7-8pm no answer what a surprise.
The next day I rang Yodel, they tried ringing them and yes that's right no answer. I have emailed Sports Direct as there is no phone number on their website and would not trust Yodel to deliver sandwiches nevermind parcels.
I would advise until they get a pick up in store service or if you are house bound, not to use the online facility for Sports Direct as their couriers deliver at their convenience. Also there is no way to contact Sports Direct to try and resolve this other than email. Great that will resolve quickly.