Awful customer service

Guest's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Awful customer service”

Written on: 30/12/2012

I rang many sports direct stores looking for husband's shoes size (12); nowhere stocked the right size so I ordered 'NIKE CTR360 LIBRETTO III MEN'S FOOTBALL BOOT' from the sports direct website- however I made the error of ordering the non-astro turf version.

I would have preferred not to order online as there is a delivery charge of £4, but I had no choice. There is no facility to order a shoe size in any of the stores. This way you are forced to buy online and pay the delivery charge (unless order is over £75)

My husband took the shoes to the Baker street store, with a printed invoice from the website, in order to get an exchange. The shop assistant asked my husband for the 'original return form' that came with the delivery. We told them we had misplaced the 'return form' but had the printed invoice from website. On the sports direct website I had tried to print a copy of the 'returns form', but the button does not work.

The sales assistant said 'I'm sorry there is nothing I can do without the original return form, talk to the website people directly-they are actually a separate company from us'.

We were advised to post the shoes back to the website, at our own cost...bearing in mind we would lose the £4 postage we had already paid.

In the end, I found the original returns form they had sent with the shoes and they gave us money back on a store card which is valid for 18 months only.

To summarise awful company because:
1. You can only order particular sizes (e.g 12) on the website- i rang around many stores and they dont stock size 12s. They then charge you for delivery, unless order is over £75

3. If you need to post product back for refund, you will lose the original delivery you paid PLUS pay for re-postage.

4. Unhelpful staff...atleast in the Baker street store

5. credit note/store cards only valid for a certain period of time.

All the above problems are even more striking if you compare to a good website/service like Amazon or Javari.