Shockingly bad service, deliberately misleading

Guest's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“Shockingly bad service, deliberately misleading”

Written on: 02/12/2012

I ordered a large boys age 11-12 football shirt and shorts from sports direct online. I was sent the correct shorts but the shirt was age 13-15. I rang 'customer services' and was told to look at the sports direct label attached to the item not the actual Nike label in the shirt. Upon looking I saw that the sports direct label size was different to the actual label in the shirt it said 11-12. They say they resize their garments if they think the brand have sized them incorrectly. I suggested they attach whatever label suits so as to not to lose orders on items out of stock, as the shorts label matched the original label it was only the shirt they had changed the size on so why do they feel Nike have sized shirt wrong but not the matching shorts. I pointed out that online they sold it as a Nike large boys, so they cannot send me nike extra large but attach their own label contradicting the Nike size when they have sold it using Nike measurements. As the size i wanted had now gone out of stock i wanted a refund plus refund of postage as it was their mistake. The 'lovely lady' replied along these lines "yeah yeah I'm sick of explaining this to people, we havent made a mistake we have attached another label and I don't really care whos mistake you think it is. I stated that I could not believe how she was speaking to me, she told me she didn't care what I could or couldn't believe, then she put the phone down.

I rang to complain, as I never had her name I asked if my account could be checked to see which member of staff had last logged into it. I was told that wasn't possible'. Once again I explained what had happened and was told that sports direct resize as and when they see necessary! I could get a refund if I returned items to them but would not get my original postage back as they fulfilled part of the order correctly. I pointed out that the shorts were a waste of time without the shirt so why should I pay £3.95 postage for them to send me the wrong item. Apparently, that's their policy. I was also informed that I would have to wait a minimum of 30 days for a refund. By which time, Christmas will be over so my son will not be getting the kit he wanted. Well, thank you for that Sports Direct. I hope that somebody somewhere in that pathetic excuse for a company has the integrity to put a stop to this.

• Goods purchased & cost