No refund on wrongly labelled clothes

Ross_Boardman's review of Sports Direct www.sportssdirect.com

“No refund on wrongly labelled clothes”

Written on: 14/10/2012 by Ross_Boardman (1 review written)

We bought a coat for our 5 year old son. He is slim if anything. The coat tag said 5-6. The coat didn't fit, too small. When my wife took it back, they hadn't got any larger sizes and refused a refund as it was not their complany policy.

I rang up their "customer services" and after 6 minutes of "your call is important to us" got through to the disinterested Tanya. Tanya claimed that this was not company policy to refund. When challenged that it was a legal problem because the goods were not as described and were unfit for purpose she claimed that this was not the law.

I would not buy anything from sports direct again as I have no guarantee that anything they sell will fit and their customer service stinks.

If my time at university studying law has been wasted on them then hopefully Trading Standards will change their view on the true essence of consumer rights.

• Goods purchased & cost