Powerboat Level 2 Training Review. - Jan 2014

Newrylands's review of Solent Boat Training - www.solentboattraining.co.uk

“Powerboat Level 2 Training Review. - Jan 2014”

Written on: 27/01/2014 by Newrylands (1 review written)

My son and myself have just completed the Level 2 Power Boat Course with www.solentboattraining.co.uk. This was our first real introduction to Powerboat and I must say we were both very nervous prior to starting the course. However the moment we arrived at the training centre, the instructor put us both at ease with his confident calm manner. The course touches on all aspects of powerboating and the combination of training room and practical application of skills on the water worked really well. Our instructor clearly explained the concepts and was very patient with all the students, especially as we were new to Boating. On the second day of training the weather was foul, but we were properly kitted out with suitable clothing and headed out onto the water. It was a great experience and clearly demonstrated that you need to be prepared for any eventuality when boating and with the right equipment and training /understanding of the environment and your limits you should be fine. Our instructor focused heavily on the safety aspects of boating and made us all think about the importance of planning ahead prior to setting out on the water. I would highly recommend Solent Boat Training, the instructors, equipment and tuition are excellent. Personally I will be heading back to them in order to take the next level of training to make me a safer and competent skipper on the water.

• Goods purchased & cost